Sightseeing tour of the city, 3:30 hours with local guide, by car and walking
Enjoy the charm of the former capital of Moldavia, by the smell of the linden trees that Eminescu mentioned, our greatest poet, and listen to the stories of the city described by Creanga, the famous story-teller. Walk on the footsteps of kings and mitropolits that made the city of Iasi the most important pilgrimage place of Romania. Be part of the events that occur in the city proudly called "cultural capital".
Sightseeing tour of the city, flexible hours, at customer's demand with guide and car
The tour starts in front of the Palace (former palace of Moldavian rulers) or your hotel and then we shall pass by the main monuments in the area: Palace of Culture, Palas Mall Gardens, Royal St. Nicholas Church, Dosoftei House. We continue the visit with the monuments situated along Stephen the Great Boulevard: Three Hierarchs Church, Catholic Cathedral, Metropolitan Cathedral, Town Hall Palace and the National Theatre. We go by car towards the Union Square, Select Hotel, Alexandru Ioan Cuza's statue, Traian Hotel (built by Gustave Eiffel) and Copou Boulevard, considered the universitary heart of the city. We shall stop to see Eminescu's 250 years old linden tree in Copou Garden and then we enter The Hall of the Lost Footsteps, 120 meters in length, to admire Sabin Balasa's fresco paintings from Al. I. Cuza University. Our next objective is situated outside Iasi, on Cetatuia Hill, from where we shall admire the beautiful panorama of Iasi, and where we also visit Cetatuia Monastery, former summer residence of Moldavian rulers. We return to the central area afterwards.
- 95 euros for a small group of 1 - 3 persons (price per action, not per person);
- We add 15 euros for each additional person for a group of 6-8 persons ( e.g.: for 8 participants group, the price will be 21.25 euros/person);
- We shall negociate the price for groups larger than 9 participants (e.g.: for 9 participants, the price will be 12 euros/person);
The price includes:
- English / Romanian / French / Italian / Spanish speaking authorized guide; modern car, fuel and parking fees included;
- Iasi city map
The price does not include:
- the entrance fees to the visiting points.